GM in the Southeast Gives College Students Back To School Vehicle Maintenance Tips
August 29, 2012 2:03 pm CT
GM in the Southeast recently spent the day near campus of the University of Central Florida giving back to school college students some simple vehicle maintenance tips to ensure they will go the extra mile this fall semester.
Check out these vehicle maintenance tips from your friends at GM in the Southeast:
1) Be sure to change your oil every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Seriously, you don’t want to learn it the hard way.
2) Always check your tire pressure. Underinflated tires waste gas, increase tire wear and can cause a dangerous blow out.
3) Change your windshield wipers for a clearer view when the Florida showers come rolling in. You’ll appreciate it when it’s late and pouring. Did you know you can just replace the rubber?
4) Check your brakes. If you hear noisy, grinding sounds when you break or your pedal is soft or resistant, this could be signs that your breaks need attending.
5) Clean that car! Air pollution, bugs and tar can damage your undercarriage or the body of your car.